- 7-day playbill
The Far East Music Forum will be launched by so much-loved by St Petersburg audience The Little Humpbacked Horse by Rodion Shchedrin (choreography by Alexei Ratmansky). The Mariinsky Ballet Company will present it three times: on July 15 (19:00) and July 16 (14:00 and 19:00).
Artistic Director – Valery Gergiev
- 30 days, 40 performances and concerts;
- Marking 135 years since the birth of Igor Stravinsky and 85 years since the birth of Rodion Shchedrin;
- 7 Far Eastern concert venues: Vladivostok, Ussuriysk, Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk;
- Concerts of the Symphony Orchestra of the Mariinsky Theatre under the baton of Valery Gergiev in Harbin (China) and Tongyeong (South Korea);
- For the first time: The Mariinsky Theatre performs in Pyeongchang - the host city of the 2018 Winter Olympics;
- For the first time: Tour of the Ballet and the Mariinsky Orchestra of the Primorsky Stage in Harbin (China);
- Concerts of Valery Gergiev with the Youth Orchestra of the Pacific Music Festival in Sapporo (Japan).
On 4 June the Primorsky Stage of the Mariinsky Theatre had its last performances of the season. The audience duly appreciated the premiere of the season – the ballet The Sleeping Beauty and the opera Bastien und Bastienne.